Monday 8 October 2012

Meringues

We had a sewing day on the weekend so I decided to make Meringues and homemade strawberry "soft serve" ice cream to take. My one friend had a lot of food allergies and as the two items only have three ingredients total its was a good choice.

For the meringues all you need are 6 egg whites and 1 1/2 cups of sugar. Pre-heat the oven to 230 F. Beat the egg whites till stiff. Then gradually add the sugar till its all mixed in.


I placed aluminium foil shiny side down on my cookie sheets. Spoon about two big spoonfuls of meringue for each one



Then bake for about an hour and a half. Be sure to keep an eye on them to make sure they don't over cook. You want them to brown just slightly.





For the soft sever I just put frozen strawberries through my Yonana machine, it can also be done in the blender or food processor. 


No comments:

Post a Comment