Tuesday 10 July 2012

Whole Grain Bread

I started making my own bread about a month ago. I was interested in trying some whole grain wheat and found a great locally grown flour by Gold Forest Grains that is sold at one of our local farmers markets. The first flour I tried from them was a Spelt flour, its was delicious and very dense. A large loaf of spelt bread came out about the size of normal medium loaf. This time round I decided to give their other flours a try. I got their Park wheat flour and the Tibetan Barley Flour. For this loaf of bread I used the Park flour.


Park Flour Whole Grain Bread

Large loaf (2 pound)
1 1/2 cups water
2 1/2 Tbsp butter or margarine
2 Tbsp Molasses
4 cups Whole grain flour
2 tsp salt
1 1/2 tsp quick rise or bread machine yeast

Use the large whole wheat loaf setting on your bread machine.


It was delicious. It made quite a large loaf, much larger than with the spelt flour, and was nice and light. We devoured quite a bit fresh from the bread maker.

I also used it to make some protein bars and they turned out well.

No comments:

Post a Comment