Monday 30 July 2012

Bike Basket

I've been wanting a basket for the front of my bike for a while now. My bike handles are on the narrow side so I've had a hard time finding one to fit it. I saw this great idea to use plastic storage containers from the dollar store to make one so I thought I'd try it out. I picked up one that had compartments in it.


 I removed the handles and spray painted it white. 

I took a strip of Velcro and cut it in half to make in narrow enough to fit through the handle holes. I then sewed the two ends together, right sides both facing up.


The spray paint specifically said for all plastics and that priming wasn't necessary. It didn't love the dollar store plastic, it bubbled a little and chips off easily. Oh well it works and it matches my bike better than bright blue. 


No comments:

Post a Comment